I sent the engine to the machinist a few days ago. I should get it back in about two or three weeks.
And I made a little proggress on the rallycar. Mainly painting a few bits and pieces, and preparing the sump guard. I found the old sump guard but it was missing quite a few bits and pieces, so I needed to make those.
All the machining will cost me about 400 euro. I thought about having the engine balanced, but it would have cost me several hundred euro so I decided to do without it. I will get the high output oil pump though. It will cost around 100 euro but it’s the wrong place to try and save money.
And I made the old sump guard ready for installation: