Still no time to focus on the project – but here’s a little update on the car:
After the first start we had some issues…
Some of the carburettors were pretty clogged up, so the fuel flow was insufficient at times.
The carburettors removed from the car.
Pretty dirty looking setup…
Time to take them apart and see what’s inside.
No wonder there are problems. A lot of dirt in here.
The left one is the middle carb that has the choke.
Cleaning up the parts.
Starting to get a bit cleaner.
That looks nice.
New copper gaskets for everything.
Some plugs with new gaskets.
Parts of the fuel line.
On the left the fuel filters.
One of the carburettor floats was done for. The float had become separated from the level arm.
Fortunately the spare parts carburettor setup had some intact ones, so I just picked the best three and used them.
New paper gaskets.
Fitting the paper gasket.
More paper gaskets.
Putting it all back together. New fuel lines.
We checked the cylinders also – looking fine.
Then we put the intake manifold and carburettors back in. Unfortunately it turned out that we had made the intake manifold gaskets out of too thin paper and had redo them of 1mm paper to get a good seal.
Here’s a slightly better photo of the dual exhaust.
And a video clip – sounds a bit healthier now:
There are still some problems – we seem to loose the spark on the number one cylinder every now and then. That should get fixed with new spark plugs and propably some work on the distributor. Maybe fitting a breakerless ignition system.