It was extremely hot when I was painting the car and I got a bit of orange peel on some sections. It’s not that difficult to fix but I needed to wait until paint was dry enough to sand it down and buff.
Sanding the clearcoat is pretty straightforward – I used an orbital sander with 1000 and 2000 grit paper and hand sanded the parts that I couldn’t use orbital.
The front wing fully sanded. You need to take care only to sand as far as to remove the high points and not to go so deep you reach the paint. That can only be repaired with re-spray.
The front wing after buffing and some wax.
Same situation with the back wing. Theres’s some orange peel and it needs to be sanded down.
I use an orbital air sander so I can do water sanding with it.
And the paint after a bit of buff. Still more to go.
I also buffed the roof. There the clearcoat was pretty nice and I didn’t need to sand it.
I also proceeded to make new gaskets for the air vents and install them.
The 99 Turbo has the roof hatch gutter pipe running to the air vents.
And the air vents done. Although I think I still need to change the screws to black ones.